Monday, October 25, 2004

It's the time of the year again

Yeah...the dreaded E word, Exams.

Sigh. I like sighing on my blog ok people, stop asking why I sigh so much. It's just like asking why do you use your eyes to see all the time.

Anyway, it's just this surreal feeling that usually strikes me after a trip (such as a camping trip or long overseas assignment); the one where I usually pinch myself to say, yeah, the experience I was having is over, wake up.

Ephemeral.

I was showering and just then, all the memories of all the road trips and holidays I had this year came flashing back. Ok, it wasn't vivid and clear like the movies but yeah I do remember the feelings I had during the trips.

A little smile.

Disregarding all the negatives, like a bag of rotting potatoes.

It was all good. I don't regret one single bit having to dig out some gold here and there to finance my activities this year. Although it does mean I have to start the ardous voyage of prospecting for new gold.

As the MasterCard jingle silently shrills out: the experiences, priceless.

No comments: