Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Reflections of the soul and of Telecommunication bills

Recently, I think I have spent at least 200 over dollars give or take just over the last one and a three quarter months on my prepaid mobile account. So much for prepaid sim cards letting people have control over their expenditure eh.

Of course, I get to call her for free but that's out of the point. There were quite a few events especially the National day events that made me burn my call credits like hair on fire. Mobile phone charges must be one of the greatest scams of all time, their marginal costs is so low that it is laughable, one wonders whether we are paying for all the crap marketing the telcos engage in or are we paying for the maintainence of those nice radiation towers sprouting in 'inconspicious' corners all over town.

Anyway all that preamble is just whining, the point being I have to watch my calling patterns especially the tendency for me to call other people at their mobile from the home phone (landline), apparently the phone bills have been accumulating and the brother in law is making some noise about it.

Oh well.

It doesn't help there is no real breadwinner at home now. Sigh. Just as well, luckily I did not need to depend on them financially. But still it is a stretch on my current finances, I am amazed I could still pay for that snowboarding trip and all that amount of drinks at the dance parties.

Sigh, looks like I better start surfing the Coles website soon, again.

My life have never looked so much brighter (cue the florescent lights).

No comments: