Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Well done...

in one little brief stroke, I was branded as a rumour monger.

Sigh.

No fault of anyone.

Just 'marvelling' at the recklessness of it all.

I got to study.

--------------------------------------------------------

This reminded me of a little memory that I thought I have buried long long long ago.

It was way back when I was still in primary four.

No one wanted to be the class monitor and because I was the 'helpful' one in class. I was made one by the form teacher.

That was in the first week of the new school term.

But one day, I forgot to bring in a piece of homework.

The form teacher, whether she was livid or not I forgot, but I think I vaguely remembered her words to the effect that I was not a good example and then promptly stripped me of the 'title' there and then.

Now back then being a Class 'insert-whatever-you-fancy-title' was a big deal and especially if that one gives you authority to keep the class quiet when the teacher wasn't around.

Getting stripped of that 'powerful' title, now that was tramautising for a nine and a half years old kid.

Today just brought back one of those feelings.



No comments: