Saturday, September 04, 2004

Of other people's delusions...

Hahahaha, this is what I call being delusional.....courtesy of katie.

"Just to tell you guys. You know the wonderfully slick advertisement portraying the SAF hunks in action.. with the slogan "ARMY, THE DECISIVE FORCE", the one that gets me all fired up everytime its played on TV. Well it's also played on repeat mode (rotating with some other ads) on the TV screens of the North East MRT line which i live along. Well, i always make it a point to keep my eyes peeled for it whenever i am on the train. And today i got on the train as usual, and to my surprise, sitting right beneath the screen are 2 soldiers. One in no.3 and the other in no.4.

As i was watching the ad, i looked at the 2 soldiers in horror.

The one in no.4 had no rank, Mickey Mouse ears, looked absolutely dopey, is so skinny i reckon he's below 50kg, wore a cheap looking rubber watch with cartoons on it. He totally looked like the antithesis of what i had envisioned, and the TOTAL OPPOSITE of the macho soldiers on the screen above him!!!! The one in no.3 was little better, looked "tut" and nondescript, although not as wimpy and skinny as his friend in no.4, hardly cutting the dashing, manly, macho and buff figure I had in my mind. Goodness me! And how ironic that I had to witness the juxtaposition of the video and 2 geeky and unmanly soldiers right by each other!Arrrgh!

What a let down and total wet blanket!I was left with the conclusion that only the regulars who have signed on with the army possess the spirit that I am lusting for and am enthralled with, correct me if i'm wrong. I deduced, those who are conscripted (NSF) and going on with it wishing to get it over and done with obviously don't have the willingness, spirit or desire to serve the nation or fit the archetype I have in mind. "

No comments: