Saturday, July 16, 2005

AMUNC ends...

It was finally the finale of the Asia Pacific Model United Nations Conference (AMUNC) last night.

The Gala ball was certainly the highlight of the entire proceedings given that so many of the delegates, directors and the secretariat have put in the effort to make it work. Especially the secretariat, they rock (and mostly cute too!). I can't believe it was all a student driven and runned huge event!

The happy coincidence of my birthday occuring on the same day as the end of the conference was certainly more than welcomed by me given that I am so used to having smaller affairs such as simple meal outings with friends and family. It was certainly a change when I immersed myself in the great party atmosphere and hearing so many birthday wishes from my committee mostly, the lovely girls and gentlemen that they are.

As for my experiences in this conference, it is hard to put it in words and indeed will only end up as a long prerambulatory clauses..hehe. Fun, nervewrecking, interesting and aboveall eye opening. While the nature of this conference may be substantially different from most other working conferences, the AMUNC has certainly, I believe, given all the participants the impetus to want to do something more and the opportunity to network somewhat. And it is my own wishes that the great and nice girls and guys in my committee to keep in touch with each other and hopefully some lasting friendships would have been birthed.

All in all, as they say, the curtains must drop down as the shows end and as we leave each other now, we will surely meet again in the future, somehow, somewhere. Goodbye my friends!

No comments: